Players: Hannah and Alex
Warforged wakes up on the 8th. While Chant and Warforged are waiting for prep of dream world ritual, they spend time talking to the families some more, and combing through houses trying to find physical evidence that might help give them clues.
Lumberman’s House Clues:
- Small wooden rod. The rod is tapered, made of a very hard wood, and gives off a faint magical aura. The rod has a notched end, while the other end is capped and engraved. It is elven in nature (name: Elvenbane. Has cold iron, but allowed in feywild courts. An ancestor protected a member of court, which led to this allowance)
- Parents’ Room: Superior Elven crossbow, heirloom item. Unknown Enchantment. Legacy Item (levels up/attunes alongside its owner). Tied to bloodline. Aaron mentioned the idea of Noble Phantasm from Stay/Fate Night, and how these things are crystallized with belief. (Name: mortal hunter)
- Mace that’s from a set of items that are assassin’s weapons that can be limbs and can be weapons- turn into animal-weapons: hounds, horses, birds.
- We ended up giving all these items back to the kid, who was very grateful for them. Showed us that they are all interchangeable as limbs for him. This kid is, in fact, awesome.
- Throughout both the kid’s room and the parents’ room we discovered a sort of static of background white noise that is covering up something (4-9 things. This might be the tether points?). The noise is dark and gloomy in nature. We noticed the family seemed healthier, happier when they left the house. Invited them to stay at the church for now.
Talking to families and old lady’s house:
- Old lady is an old eladrin who actually looked old, which was weird. We started inquiring with the families about people’s backgrounds. Turns out all four victims, even if human, have bloodlines that include Fey. Old woman= eladrin, Injured young man= elf (adventurer at some point), old man in chair= human with elven lineage, lumberman=half/elf (bastard of a fey noble line, as is his wife).
- Old lady got old dealing with a Banshee who ate her levels when she was a bodyguard for a minor noble adventurer. Her next of kin is 4 generations down.
- Chant and Warforged put out a general PSA advisement on hags in area and to report hag activity or mysterious fog. Town now more on alert.
- Old lady’s house we discover threads/tethers coming from the site of the ritual. It tethers to the location or a concept so far as we can tell at this point. the tethers fade into the world of dreams.
- Look up the idea of a ‘bounded field’ and magecraft. Forget how this tied in.
- Fate/Stay Night Wiki: A Bounded Field is a topographic type of [[http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magecraft|Magecraft]] that consists in knitting a network of [[http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Prana|prana]] and spreading it on base area, such as a piece of land or a building, to create a mystic boundary line that separates the inside from the outside. By definition, it should not be possible to move them once they are set. Those of [[http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Souren_Araya|Souren Araya]] are an exception. The most powerful type of Bounded Field makes the space itself act as a boundary line and it is on a level close to [[http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Magic|Magic]].
Having done this investigation, we decided to do initial scouting in the dream world using a dark stone/metal(Is this also obsidian?) band that Plua has that allows for lucid dreaming. Chant goes into the dream world first and investigates the place. This happens on the 11th. Dream world uses chr, wis and int.
- Town is not town as Chant thinks of it in physical world- trees, fields, old buildings, ‘fresh’.
- Investigation of lumberman’s house:
- Inside lumberman’s room, the runes are on all six sides of the room. The runes in blood are evenly spaced.
- The lumberman has rods inserted into his limbs that pin him. Spread eagle position to body. Each rod is a 6-sided rod (hexagram), and the rods are lined up exactly.
- His body parts and soul bits were all rearranged, and I think was ‘killed’ last? The heart’s blood being taken was the last thing done. The heart’s blood is very important to this. (Hannah: Oh, okay this might connect back to a conversation about sacrificial magic I had with Aaron about how often sacrifices of hearts being removed, etc, is about the concept of life than the heart itself. Ah in fact that conversation mentioned heart’s blood.)
- End of the rods have a symbol, a given name. Phonetic is ‘Baba’.
- At old lady house everything is rotated 90 degrees. She’s floating spread-eagle in the air. Injured young guy is in bed but at another angle, and everything is aligned to him and his rods. In general these are all stacking in certain ways.
- There are 5 rods, we think, as we believe there is a 5th under where the heart is. The heart and its arteries were very precisely cut. Heart has a tether- tethers to rods in general.
- Pathways of directions from people don’t quite align since this isn’t done yet.
- The actual rooms with bodies and runes are different than the rest of the dream world…perhaps have more physical realm rules? We’re not sure. This ties into the bounded field idea maybe. The rooms are also staying in place in the dream world- the tethers/runes/ this is causing the room and body not to move, so even if the house ‘’shifts", it doesn’t “shift” because the room didn’t shift. Yeah. uh. Dream logic stuff.
- At some point he ran into a dreaming dragonborn who felt the need to try and attack.
- Chant is investigating and starts getting very tired on one of these. He decides to say he’s not tired, but fails to convince the world this is true. Big no-no, trying to change yourself and basically ‘rewrite’ yourself, blows his spirit to hell doing this and goes unconscious. Eventually wakes up a lonnnng time after he should- no surges, no dailies, no encounters.
Chant healing via Warforged and priests of Elora:
11th: 3 pts 12th: 5 pts 13th: 4 14th: 8 15: lolnope. (20/23, will get a point back per day from here) (Alex let me know if you need what you got back).
Also chant: 2 uses of ancestral whispers.
Warforged also goes in to finish investigating during this time:
- Man the church is awesome, and an overflow of belief. It’s seen as divine, community, a tree by water, lots of things.
- The rods are made of obsidian, which have a history of being used in blood sacrifices to deities.
- Something about spell components and focuses. Odd to have multiple per site like this. Speading them out for stability.
- Sides of rods: 1) barriers and boundaries 2) blood and health 3) magic and transmutation 4) Ruin 5) Steal, take 6) An older form of ‘conquer, conquest’
- Blood/health and magic/transmutation are on opposite sides, connected.
- Saw a Seeker of Asmodeus. Stumbled around like an idiot trying to act like not there.