Funny stuff that happened to alex
Sometimes, Alex pokes things. Often they poke back. Hilarity and Almost Death ensue.
- Stumble/mine into a giant geode by accident, disrupting the enchantment. Alex attempts to do Make Whole on the Geode, almost getting his soul sucked out to fuel it (which still wouldn’t have been anywhere near enough power for the repair).
- Perfect coffee. (same deal, I don’t know all the details, though I was there when it almost killed him) I think he overdosed or something? He became one with the universe, saw how all the geodes fit together- but it meant that he was dazed and some other effects until he got a chance at extended rest, which restored him. It’s resulted in an ongoing issue with addiction to perfect coffee ever since.
- He was the first of the party to trigger a pixie trap and get hit in the face with Novocaine pie. Later at the town meeting, a pixie hiding under his hat was pouring more of the novocaine-like stuff on his head.
- While walking around town trying to find Jared, he tripped a nasty pixie trap. First he hit a trip-wire and fell into some awful smelling muck with an effect like itching powder. Then he rounded the corner and a suspended trashcan fell on him, covering him in garbage and some odd smelling stuff which turned out to be pigeon pheromones. He got head pigeons.
- While trying to figure out how the water from the hammer worked, Joaquin attacked Alex for small damage to see how many temps Alex would get. Alex wanted to see if it would affect Fey creatures differently, so we voted for Joaquin. Alex used Vicious Mockery and rolled a 1, with a 17 on the fumble table for just a miss. He then tried again, rolled another 1, with a 4 on the table lowered to a -1 because the hammer didn’t like him, and did 65 damage to himself, knocking him out.
- Waking up to an imp trying to coup-de-grace him.
- Thrown out of the second story of a building trying to do read object on the DK coins.
- The only one to be affected when the Star Bag ate all the force magic in the large cavern in the underdark. :(
- Activated Runes that gave him a lot of damage and a -5 to Arcana.
- During the fight to heal the mana spirit/giant puni, he fumbled an attack roll. This caused him to drop his staff, dominate himself, and try to punch himself in the face. And fail.
- Exiting town hall, he falls into a pit full of blue goo – put there by Mitch no less. Turns out to be novocain gel with pig pheromones. Ends up half-buried under a pig cuddle pile. Not the only victim this time though.
- Granted Shiva a basic attack but forgot he was on the other side of the monster. 370 damage.
- Giant mushroom. Ask the Blue Wyrmling for details…
- Made Whole on the town, with unintended side-effects including creating a bunch of gems. Tried to put the primordial-based one in Olavien,
causing it to shatter and trigger alarms for various gods and devils to come and kill the primordial. We have yet to see how badly this will go for Chant.
- Tried to magically look at the book from Candlekeep despite Olavien’s warning. It looked back with a disintegration ray, doing 51 damage and destroying his acrobat boots. This was on a successful saving throw. And it turns out that the book didn’t actually do anything, it was probably Chant’s instinctive reaction to being seen by it.